Certificate: Municipal Financial Management
Accredited by LG SETA (SAQA ID: 49554 – NQF L5)
The purpose of this qualification is to enable qualifying learners to supply strategic level financial management competencies to ensure effective, efficient and economical utilizations of public funds and resources at local government level. Learners will develop competencies to manage strategic planning and budgeting processes, financial management processes and internal control, auditing and reporting processes.
ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Grade 12
DURATION: 1 Year
- Strategic Management & Budgeting
- Municipal Accounting & Risk Management
- Governance and Legislation
- Costing and capital Planning
- Municipal IT and Project Management
- Supply Chain Management and PPP’S
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree
- Any Qualification in Administration or Public Administration at NQF L6
- National Certificate: Management NQF L5
Learners may operate at the level of Executive Mayor, Executive Councilors, Councilors, Municipal Manager, Chief Financial Officer, Department Managers, Strategic Managers and Managers of Municipal entities.